You may have heard that lavender can help you to relax, and help you to sleep – but do you know why?
I did some research on this, and lavender reacts with your brain to help to calm brain activity – reducing anxiety, agitation and restlessness.
- Lavender works as an anxiety reliever and as a sedative, to increase relaxation and calm.
- Lavender interacts with the neurotransmitters in the brain to help quiet the brain and nervous system activity, reducing agitation, anger, aggression, and restlessness
- Lavender functions as a pain reliever, or analgesic
- Lavender has anti-bacterial capabilities
- Lavender can reduce inflammation
Which I guess is why so many products designed to help us relax contain lavender. You can bring some lavender into your home through scented candles, such as “And Breathe“, which is a classic lavender scent. Burn this late in the evening for a soothing way to end a busy day.